Camara Slate quarries and fabricates roofing slate that is ASTM Grade S-1 quality ensuring durability and structural performance for a lifetime. Slate is a natural product and like fingerprints, no two pieces are exactly alike. You can expect that slight variations will occur in texture, thickness, and shading. The combination of excellent appearance and performance has made Camara Slate a national leader for many roofing projects in the US and abroad.
Quarries and Fabricators of Natural Vermont Slate Products
Slate has been used for centuries to create beautiful roofs, renowned for resisting the assaults of rain, wind, and snow. With unique textures, soft colors and unmatched durability, it is the perfect marriage of practicality and beauty, enhancing any environment.
Roofing Slate is Classified in Three Different Groups to Indicate the Degree of Color Change to Expect
• Unfading – Over time the slate will have essentially no weather tones
• Semi-Weathering – Slate will change 10% to 25%, whereas weathering slate will change 30% or more
• Weathering – Continues to some degree throughout the life of the slate but does not diminish the longevity of the material
Camara Roofing Slate has Withstood the Test of Time
Slate is a hard, dense stone whose structural integrity has withstood the rigors of ASTM testing. This supreme roofing material has the following qualities:
• Lasts a lifetime and environmentally friendly
• Noncombustible or fire proof
• Resistance to acid
• Low maintenance and non-staining
• Impermeable to moisture