Residential roll goods provide an extra layer of waterproofing protection and are utilized under a variety of materials such as asphaltic shingles, wood shingles/shakes, metal panel roofing, metal shingles, slate, tile, and other synthetic steep-sloped roof coverings. The underlayments can provide many functions for the roof assembly and can be an initial layer, an intermediate layer, a finish covering or a complete built-up membrane as in built-up roofing.
Roofing felt is similar to tar paper, except that instead of tar, the waterproofing ingredient is asphalt. As the most affordable option for roof underlayment, roofing felt remains a popular option that can improve the durability of the roof deck in order to protect against impact damage from hailstones or airborne debris, like tree branches.
Rubberized asphalt roof underlayment, also known as Self adhering, is a top-quality option that provides the highest level of waterproofing. The underlayment is made primarily of rubber polymers and asphalt.
Synthetics are commonly made from woven or spun polyethylene or polypropylene in order to significantly increase durability, waterproofing and tear-resistance when compared to saturated-asphalt underlayment. The rolls are typically lighter than other underlayment options and will often come with clear lines and overlap guides for quick, efficient installation.
Available at Roofers Mart:
• Carlisle WIP® 300HT
• Tarco #15 Asphalt Saturated Organic Felt
• RhinoRoof® U20 Synthetic Underlayment
• RhinoRoof® Granulated Self-Adhered Underlayment – Ice & Water Shield
• Titanium® PSU30 professional-grade self-adhesive synthetic roofing underlayment
• MBTechnology layfastSBS® Roofing Underlayment
• GAF LIBERTY™ SBS Self‑Adhering Base/Ply Sheet
• GAF LIBERTY™ SBS Self‑Adhering Cap Sheet
• GAF FeltBuster® Synthetic Roofing Felt
• CertainTeed Flintlastic® SA self-adhered SBS modified bitumen roofing system
• CertainTeed RoofRunner Synthetic Underlayment
• CertainTeed WinterGuard® roofing underlayment – Granular
• CertainTeed WinterGuard® roofing underlayment – Metal
• Mid-States Asphalt (MSA) roofing felts
• Sharkskin Ultra® Roof Underlayment