Job Summary: Inside sales contributes to selling products and services to customers. This position primarily focuses on commercial roofing and window sales. Sales opportunities include walk-in customers, sourcing sales via email, and lead follow-up calls. Inside Sales will be responsible for developing new leads, communicating with customers, understanding their needs, and ensuring a smooth sales process. This position will work directly with customers and make sure orders are retrieved from the warehouse in a timely manner for both walk-in customers as well as pre-orders and call ahead orders for pickup.
Roofers Mart Inc is a leading supplier of exterior building products in the Midwest. We currently have over 150 employees in eight locations; with the headquarters located in St. Louis, Missouri. We are a family and employee-owned Company that knows our biggest asset is our people. At Roofers Mart, superior service and safety is our primary focus. We are highly committed to employee and customer satisfaction. Roofers Mart is a company that recognizes your abilities, rewards your commitment, helps you to reach your full potential and promotes within. If you are looking for a great company that is as driven as you are, join our team today!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Ongoing professional development and training opportunities
- Collaborative and supportive team environment
- Communication with customers through promptly answering incoming calls and entering sales orders.
- Engage with existing and potential commercial clients to understand their needs
- Utilize your extensive knowledge of materials and solutions to provide expert recommendations
- Prepare accurate and competitive quotes based on client requirements and budget
- Promptly greet and assist all customers upon entry to the showroom.
- Following a product/supply checklist for customers’ job and up-selling additional products and supplies.
- Keeping up to date with new products, service information and updates.
- Creating and maintaining a database of current and potential customers.
- Staying updated on industry trends, product advancements, and competitor offerings.
- Coordinating and assisting with customer pick-ups with the warehouse.
- Following up on deliveries to ensure materials arrived on time with all items accounted for.
- Reordering products to keep the store and warehouse shelves stocked.
- Closing sales and achieving sales targets.
- Collaborate closely with managers and outside sales to support their efforts with technical expertise
- Assist managers with any receiving or purchasing responsibilities assigned.
- Responsible for the overall appearance and cleanliness of showroom, counter area, and restrooms.
- Maintain adequate and up to date literature, samples, displays, and showroom merchandise.
- Nurture long-term relationships with clients, addressing any concerns and ensuring their satisfaction.
- Assist operations mangers with beginning/end of day procedures as assigned.
- Cross training responsibilities as assigned to back up co-workers.
- Proven track record of success in inside sales within the industry
- In-depth understanding of various commercial roofing systems, materials and applications
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong ability to interpret client needs and provide tailored solutions.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Ability to use software programs such as DMSI, Excel, Word, Outlook, and other sales tools, etc.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve.
- High School or equivalent; bachelor's degree in a related field is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in inside sales within the industry
- Familiarity with construction and architectural drawings is advantageous
- Technical certifications in roofing products/system is a bonus
- Exceptional customer service, strong listening, and sales skills.
- Team player and positive attitude towards customers and co-workers.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and pass an E-Verify check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and speak or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls as well as stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment can be quiet to moderate as in an office setting.
Roofers Mart is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Roofers Mart provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.