Accounts Payable Data Entry
Job Summary: A/P Data Entry responsibilities include inputting data and making changes to existing data figures in DMSI. Inputting data from paper documents into digital spreadsheets, updating order statuses for customers and double-checking their work to make sure they input data correctly. Processing accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures. Performing day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data. Preparing bills, invoices and bank deposits.
Roofers Mart Inc is a leading supplier of exterior building products in the Midwest. We currently have over 150 employees in eight locations; with the headquarters located in St. Louis, Missouri. We are a family and employee-owned Company that knows our biggest asset is our people. At Roofers Mart, superior service and safety is our primary focus. We are highly committed to employee and customer satisfaction. Roofers Mart is a company that recognizes your abilities, rewards your commitment, helps you to reach your full potential and promotes within. If you are looking for a great company that is as driven as you are, join our team today!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Preparing and sorting documents for data entry
- Entering data into DMSI and checking to ensure the accuracy of the data that has been inputted
- Resolving discrepancies in information and obtaining further information for incomplete documents
- Creating data backups as part of a contingency plan
- Responding to information requests
- Checking and approving all vouchers for payment
- Entering all accounts payable invoices that are scheduled to be paid into the system
- Answering all vendor inquiries
- Maintaining all accounts payable files
- Assisting with accounts receivable and special projects, as necessary
- Charging expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries
- Cross training responsibilities as assigned to back up co-workers.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy through attention to detail
- Ability to use software programs such as DMSI, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Multi-tasking ability to work on multiple tasks throughout the day.
- High School or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing
- Must arrive at assigned start time daily.
- Team player and positive attitude towards customers and co-workers.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and pass an E-Verify check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and speak or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls as well as stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment can be quiet to moderate as in an office setting.
Roofers Mart is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Roofers Mart provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.